|Donald Trump Wins|
We in the US of A don't vote directly for the President in a presidential election. We have a system called the Electoral College, the members of which vote for the President. The original plan, as conceived by the founding fathers, was to prevent the common people from electing a hugely popular but completely unsuitable person from becoming President of the US. In practice, this means that if you voted for Trump, you didn't really vote for Trump; you voted for a guy whose name isn't published, and who you've never even seen or heard speak, but who has assured the State government that if appointed to the Electoral College, he will faithfully carry out his sworn duty to represent the will of the voters. In this example, it's you who voted for Trump. Unless, of course, something should sort of happen, if you catch my drift.
The Electors will meet on December 15th, when they will all cast their votes. If everything goes as planned, this is just a mere formality and Donald Trump will be sworn in on January 20th, 2017. But as contentious as this election has been, and as close as the numbers are, I'm wondering if we might see a big surprise on December 15th, along with a list of faithless electors. Just sayin'.
Meantime, many notorious celebrities have declared that they are leaving the United States for a more civilized locale - Tibet, maybe. Here's a list I got from the web somewhere:
1. Jon Stewart to Another planet.
2. Chelsea Handler to Spain.
3. Neve Campbell to Canada.
4. Barry Diller to Unspecified.
5. Lena Dunham to Vancouver.
6. Keegan-Michael Key to Canada.
7. Chloë Sevigny to Nova Scotia.
8. Al Sharpton to Out of here.
9. Natasha Lyonne to A mental hospital.
10. Eddie Griffin to Africa.
11. Spike Lee to Brooklyn.
12. Amber Rose to Unspecified.
13. Samuel L. Jackson to South Africa.
14. Cher to Jupiter
15. George Lopez to Mexico.
16. Barbra Streisand to Australia or Canada.
17. Raven-Symoné to Canada.
18. Whoopi Goldberg to Unspecified.
19. Omari Hardwick to Italy.
20. Miley Cyrus to Unspecified.
21. Ruth Bader Ginsburg to New Zealand.
22. Amy Schumer to Spain.
23. Katie Hopkins to America!
Bon Voyage, and don't forget to write!